Pages

Where did the respect go?

First I will admit I have been the one who didn't care how I had made one feel whether it be with my words or my actions. After giving it some thought I have came to realize that partaking in the event of making someone feel a way that I would never like to feel is not the person I want to be! Sure it is always fun to be humorous and have a good laugh. I'm a prankster myself and find humor in a lot of situations.
Although disrespecting one to find humor I feel is wrong. I'm currently attending GED classes two days a week for three hours each day. This class is suppose to be for adults to earn a GED Diploma, the time I have spent in class I have learned a lot. Overtime I have come to the point where I don't even want to go to class, not because I don't want to get an education. But because there are so many students who come in each day with the same childish attitude. Our teacher does not ask for as much as she should considering we are suppose to be responsible adults working towards an education. She gives us worksheets with 5 to 10 questions on them and asks us to write a three sentence journal each day. . . Oh yeah and gives and an hour and a half to do the work.
So each day I arrive at school early with a can do attitude. Others arrive late everyday, talking back to the teacher, and leave their phones on loud knowing that it will interrupt those who are there to learn. Last week within the first 20 minutes of class everyone was asked to put their phones on vibrate or silent at least 10 times. Then during journal time someones phone went off as the teacher approached the area in which the ringing was coming from, she asked them to please turn it off. Yet none of them could find the kindness in their hearts to stop it just let it ring through. Shortly after this the teacher gave a young lady a compliment and she came back with you don't know me. So the teacher then said I'm sorry I was just complimenting you the girl then said I don't care I said you don't know me. By this point there is no way every student couldn't see that our teacher just wanted to cry. But yet they kept on with their cell phones, talking back, and messing around in stead of doing the ten minutes of assigned work. They are so childish they never once stopped to think, what if that were my mother, grandmother, daughter, or even themselves being treated that way by the one's they are trying to help.
Our teacher shows up each day as a dedicated peer ready to teach us all she can.
I personally feel we have a wonderful teacher who did not intend on continuing her teaching career to be bullied nor disrespected by student's who don't care about their selves let alone someone else.
I wrote this with hopes people will put their selves in others shoes before judging, disrespecting or bullying! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment